Highlights & Options
There are two Shade Haven versions: size 600 sq feet and 1200 sq feet.
The flat construction of the unfolded Shade Haven provides good stability in wind. Additional unfolding arms give you a perfect balance in any field
The wind blows under the mesh construction to give shade and create a cool atmosphere
Quick and easy folding system
Quick folding and unfolding design makes transportation easy and safe.
Suspension wheel set allows safe transport, even at high speed. Hook up to trailer or tractor, easy and safe.
Options for animals and eventing
The SH can be equipped with cow brushes and mineral buckets. On request, the SH can be equipped with benches for recreational purposes
The Shade Haven is a parasol with a diameter of 9 or 12 M that gives shade to animals in summer pasture. It is an investment for a better life for your animals, improving fertility and health.
Why a Shade Haven?
- Animal welfare, heat stress is a torment for animals that cannot find shade anywhere, and various secondary diseases are promoted (milk fever, udder inflammation, rumen acidosis).
- Animal welfare gives agricultural returns and heat stress costs milk and meat production.
- Fertility of the animals suffers greatly from heat stress, a reason to slaughter animals early.
- Grazing contributes to the solution of the nitrogen problem. A cow does not poop and pee at the same time, not even in the pasture. Mixing poo and pee, as is inevitable in the stables, gives more ammonia emissions.
- Controlled grazing, by regularly moving the SH, ensures an even grazing of the pasture, prevents eutrophication and trampling.
- An SH is a business card for a farm, it shows the commitment of the farmer, to the animals, to the consumers of the products, to the recreationists who admire the cows in the landscape.